Wednesday, November 21, 2012

RTR

I had my first experience with Rent the Runway (RTR) this past October, and I neglected to write about it!

I first heard about RTR back in the summer of 2010 from a co-worker. I didn't really do anything about it then, but recently, a friend of mine posted something about it on her tumblr, and I signed up with the intention of renting a dress for a Halloween party that I was going to attend.

There are so many amazing dresses to choose from! I was originally going to stick with a dress under $50, but I received an email coupon for $50 off a dress of $75 or more, so I chose this beautiful Z Spoke by Zac Posen dress.

One of the many things I love about RTR is that you can get the same dress in a second size for no additional charge. I ordered my usual size, and got the next size up, because I was unsure how the dress would fit me, even though the two other reviews on the dress said that it was true to size. The other ladies were right, and the dress was true to size.

I received my package from UPS the day before the event. Since I had UPS deliver the box to work, I didn't actually open it or try on the dress until the morning of the party. That is a little nerve wracking to me, but I did have a backup dress at home just in case.


The dresses came in separate clear plastic bags in a RTR garment bag. There was also a little surprise of dress tape and lotion in with my dresses, which I thought was a nice touch.




Both of the dresses that I was sent were brand new! They both still had the original tag on them, so I was unsure as to whether I was supposed to leave the tag on or not (haha. I had no idea! It was my first rental!), so I called customer service, and the wonderful woman I spoke with told me it was okay to take the tag off. (: It was nice to speak to a customer service representative in America on a Saturday!


My only complaint about the dress was that it slightly cut into my armpits depending on how I was sitting or standing.

me & Abi // 27 October 2012
DanO & me // 27 October 2012 // photo by Ellie Maybe
my shoes! // 27 October 2012 // photo by melaniejane
I paired the dress with my gold glittery pumps from Target and a pair of diamond earrings. I also had on the lanyard that I needed to get into the event, and my Coach wristlet with extra batteries for my camera and my car key (:

I was making fun of DanO because I was towering over him that night. haha. And as you can see, my shoes are a size too big...oops.

disclaimer: I was not asked or compensated to review Rent the Runway. All opinions are my own.

Linking up again with the Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday! (:

pleated poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...