Wednesday, November 6, 2013

the dress is just the beginning

This is not a sponsored post. I just love Rent the Runway, and want to share my findings! (:

I had such a fun weekend with some of my favorite people! It was a great Halloween weekend.


On Friday, I was in a second line parade to celebrate the life of one of our dear friends, who passed away in mid-August. We all paraded into a local theater for a great live music show.


I didn't really know what I was going to be for Halloween, I just rented these dresses because I liked them! When I tried this dress on on Thursday night, I decided that I was a 1950's housewife. I'm wearing boots though instead of heels because of the second line.

I loved that this dress has pockets. I also thought that it was so pretty. There was a little gaping in between the buttons, so maybe I should have gotten the next size up, but I was able to remedy the issue with some dress tape.


Shoshanna Dixie Ruffle dress - Rent the Runway // White Mountain boots - TJ Maxx // apple cranberry pear pie - bakery in Chicago via Julienne

Saturday night was another show at the theater followed by an after party at a local bar. I didn't really know what I was going to be until I heard the song "Nightmare Dressed in White" that night, so that's what I claimed I was.


me and Abi! she's dressed as a younger version of her dad.


My dear friend, Kim Manning. If you knew Kim, you would know that she only wears white, so I had to get a picture of the two of us where you can see that she is wearing my skirt, because it is so funny to me to see her in a different color, especially black!


Her zombie/ghostly makeup melted off from being on stage for three hours. She and the rest of the musicians were absolutely wonderful. I love them all so much.


You can kind of almost see the gel insoles in a few of these pictures. They didn't help too much. My feet hurt so much after wearing those shoes for about fifteen hours. I put them on when I was getting ready for work at noon, and I didn't have them off very long until I got home at two in the morning. Thanks to the time change, I was technically out until three.

The dress was definitely not something that I would normally wear, because not only am I usually in jeans, but I very rarely wear white! It was fun to wear something different. The dress was kind of poofy thanks to the petticoat underneath, and I knocked a few things off of a shelf at work when I walked by.


Lilly Pulitzer Jordan dress - Rent the Runway // Mossimo Veruca snub toe pumps - Target

xoxo.

pleated poppy

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am so in love with both of those dresses! I just heard about Rent the Runway this week and am already in love. I'll have to try them SO soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch your feet! This is why I keep extra shoes in the car. Emergencies!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I love both of your outfits! So cute! I could definitely NOT handle wearing heels for 15 hours! No no. Definitely not. I need to check out Rent the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...