Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

October 28, 2010

I finally knew that I belonged.

{because I don't want any internet stalkers, this post might be lacking some details.}

It was a Thursday. I remember this because I had a day off of school due to an annual teacher convention that took place the last Thursday and Friday of October every year. Since there was a lot going on at work that week, I offered to work that afternoon.

I was pretty overwhelmed when I arrived, since I didn't really know many of the musicians who were with us that week. Thank God for Abi, who told me who pretty much everyone was.

That Thursday stands out so much to me because it was the first time that I really experienced what the whole point of the events that we hold is. It brings so many people together to share a love for music and creation and expressing themselves.

It was very special to me to get to hear all of the songs that had been created that day, and to this day, when I hear some of those songs from that night, I can just picture the lobby filled with those musicians. It's crazily beautiful, happy, and sad all at the same time.

I knew that weekend that I was where I belonged. And this afternoon when I go into work, I'll be thinking about how excited I am to see some of those same people in a few short weeks.

Oh, and that night? I also saw Luna for the very first time. It's crazy to think that it's been nearly three years!


here's a picture that melaniejane took of me that night.

xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...