Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Spending Freeze {Revisited}

July Spending Freeze {original post}

July is over now. How did my goal of not making unnecessary purchases in July go?

I confess that it did not go as I had hoped. I kind of caved on the 30th. But I'm going to count it as a month anyway, since I think that I did really well and I didn't spend any money on the last few days of June.

There was a comment left on my original post saying something along the lines of, "the longer you do it, the easier it is." I totally agree! It became so much easier to not go shopping as the month went on. {Even though it seemed like every store was having a great sale!}

I even went to Target one day towards the end of the month, but I didn't buy anything, even though they had a lot of fun stuff on sale or clearance including a cute cardigan, fun cookie mix, and school supplies.

There were also a few days where I wanted to go to my favorite local green coffeehouse for a smoothie, or to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard, but I stayed strong!

On the 30th though, I bought a concert ticket. It was something that I was going to buy either way, and I wanted to do it sooner rather than later.

The next day, I went to Target. I bought a new belt, which was on clearance. I seriously need to buy a real leather belt instead of the not-so-great quality ones I have from Target and Old Navy. I also bought some socks, which were also on clearance. I bought a small pair of scissors and a roll of electric tape for my camera bag so that I can cover that little light on the front of my camera when I'm photographing during a show in a dark room. The final thing that I bought was a cupcake carrier. I have been wanting to get one of these for quite some time now, and I will need to use it on my birthday next Friday, so I went and finally bought it.

Aside from these purchases on the last two days of July, I also bought some groceries, gas for my car, and a car wash. I also had to pay my cell phone bill, car insurance, vehicle registration, and the bill for getting the rust removal on my car.

It was a challenge, but I am very proud of how I did!

I think that each month, I'm going to put a certain amount of my paycheck aside to spend on fun things like new clothes, and the rest will be for my savings account/necessities.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...