Image Map

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Letters from Nicole

Hey, guys! My name's Nicole, and I'm gonna do a little guest post here today - I'm really excited about this! It's the first time I've "swapped blogs" with someone like this. We met because we were Cara box partners this past August, and I'm so happy we were paired together because Teresa's an amazing person and we still talk! Anywho, if you'd like to check out Teresa's answers or learn more about me, you can click right here to visit my blog!


1. Why did you start blogging?
I stumbled on one blog that I fell in love with a few years ago, and actively (and sort of obsessively) checked for updates. Then, I slowly found more and more blogs... I think this started on Pinterest, back in about April or May. After a few months of hard-core blog-surfing, I decided I wanted in on it. I love how blogging is like a little community, and I'm so happy with my decision!

2. What's the last book you read?
The last book I actually finished was Plato's Symposium for one of my classes... for pleasure reading, I finished Stardust by Neil Gaiman over the summer, and I've been working on Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathon Safran Foer, but I'm struggling to get through it... which is why it has taken two months so far.

3. What do you think your power animal would be? (I found this website, which is what we used for this question!)
I got the Horse, with the qualities "freedom, balance, abundance." The description reads: "You are most fortunate to have the horse spirit within you, for she has many things to teach you and many blessings to share. The horse will show you how to balance your caring nature and deep love for others with your equally deep need for freedom and independence. There will be days when she shows you how to relax fully, first rubbing against your loved ones, then just standing in the shade of the tree and munching the apples as they fall. Abundance will be yours, as she teaches you that a peaceful and centered life provides what is needed, like apples falling from a tree on a perfect summer’s day. And when you ask, she will take you for a ride, as you run like the wind, faster and faster, until finally, like Pegasus, she sprouts wings, soars into the air and allows your soul to fly free. She will lift you to the heavens and reveal to you there your own highest self. And through it all, she will show you how to stay deeply centered in the moment. She will teach you to live without worry or regret, your heart free of blame. Breathe in her spirit and she will bring you fully into this moment and all that it contains, where you can balance beauty and duty, freedom and togetherness, all in perfect joy and harmony. What a blessing to be a horse!" And.... interestingly enough, I completely agree with this, and it's the kind of life I am striving for! Weeeeird.

4. What is one of the best decisions you've ever made?
I can think of so, so many, but I'm going to go with my college choice. I go to school at Ohio Wesleyan University, where I'm provided with millions of amazing opportunities. I have recently joined a sorority, and I'm already feeling that that was one of my best decisions since coming to OWU.

5. If you could do any one thing in the world... what would you do?
Right now, I'm really hung up on zip-lining, because I'm pretty sure my boyfriend and I are going on Friday for my birthday, so that would have been my knee-jerk reaction to this question, but actually, I would travel.

6. Do you prefer movies or TV shows?
This is actually a hard question that I think varies based on my mood but currently, I'm definitely hooked on TV shows... Specifically Supernatural and Survivor.

7. What is the number one played song on your iTunes?
Find A Way - SafetySuit. This is basically "our" song in my relationship with Jordan. It just kind of happened, I'm not sure how and I don't really remember the situation. But if I had to pick "our" song, I'd automatically pick this - and I will never listen to this without thinking of him.

8. What is the last thing you purchased?
Let's see.. I bought gum and tea for Jordan at Walmart on Sunday. Haha, nothing too fancy! Though my birthday is soon, so I betcha anything I'll make up for that by going on a spree soon ;)

9. If you could learn to do anything, what would you want to learn?
To cook! Or bake! I really can't do either. Somehow I always mess up baking, so I don't touch that with a ten foot pole. I am decent at cooking a few things. (by that I mostly mean breakfast) But I would love to cook really cool/fancy/delicious things.

10. Which one famous person - dead or alive - would you want to have dinner with and why?
This is a hard question! I don't know... My first thought is Jared Padalecki from Supernatural because I am in love with him/Sam. Or Misha Collins because he is hilarious. I also feel like having dinner with one of Kappa's founders would be a really insightful experience.

11. What is one of your favorite quotes?
"Bloom where you are planted." I have no idea where this is from, who said it, whatever.. but it really embodies what I'm trying to do with my life. I hope not to be one hundred percent planted somewhere as I do want to travel - but the idea of blooming wherever I am, doing my best to make the most of it, no matter where I am or what I'm doing... that's how I'd like to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...