Image Map

Monday, September 30, 2013

something old

not the greatest picture, but the only one that I have

I was born on my great-grandmother's eighty-second birthday. When I was younger, I used to go over to her apartment with my mom multiple times a week. I remember playing with the set of dishes that was in the closet of her sewing room/spare bedroom, playing cards and other board games, and eating delicious food that she had cooked. She was the best pie baker!

The comb, mirror, and hairbrush pictured above were always on the dresser in her bedroom.

She passed away a few weeks after her 94th {my 11th} birthday. Her daughter, my grandmother, told me that I could have these items of hers.

These items are special to me because they remind me of her.

xoxo.

30 September 2013 :: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...