Image Map

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

introducing real talk Tuesdays :: on divorce

a couple weeks ago, I wrote a post on a Tuesday afternoon about some feelings that I had that day, and then yesterday, I was watching a video on BuzzFeed which made me want to write this post. so once in a while, it's going to be "real talk Tuesday" around here with some stream of consciousness posts about what is really going on in my life. I'm hoping that they won't all be angry/sad posts, but they're not going to be all completely happy, and this is your warning if you don't want to read them. this is real life and the sun isn't always shining, but there can always be beauty to see.

maybe this is going to be too personal for me to want to post, but at the same time, I also feel that there has to be someone else in the world with a similar situation, and maybe this will help them feel less alone.



thanks to this BuzzFeed video for inspiration.

this was going to be a completely different post, but then I felt uncomfortable giving out a lot of personal information about me and my family.

just because I was 19 when my parents separated doesn't mean that it doesn't affect me.

just because my father decided to walk away doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to be angry since it wasn't my marriage.

just because your parents got a divorce doesn't mean that it was the exact situation that I went through.

just because I have never been married, it doesn't mean that this won't affect me and any relationships that I may have.

were my depression and anxiety-fueled eating disorder a product of the divorce? no, but the divorce certainly didn't help them.

I am allowed to be angry.

I am allowed to be hurt.

I am allowed to have feelings, too.

everyone is entitled to have their own opinions and therefore everyone is also entitled to have their own feelings and emotions.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...