Image Map

Saturday, May 25, 2013

I was once told...

Day 25: something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)

So I've been trying to document my life through journaling so that I have something to go back on later in life and remember little things that were important to me at that point in my life. One of the things that I've tried to write down is things that people say about me. I'm going to take this prompt slightly different, and write some of my favorite quotes that people have said to/about me, and elaborate on them. Maybe through my reading through old journals I'll find one that goes well for this prompt!

"Teresa looks pretty without her glasses on." - M

I got my glasses right before sixth grade ended, because I was having trouble reading the chalkboard. I could still see up close, so when I was reading a book, I would take my glasses off. My tablemate said that one about me in seventh grade, and I remember putting my glasses right back on once he said that! haha. I think that my nose looks too big when I don't have my glasses on, that's why I won't get contacts!

"Smile and try to have a nice day." - Dan

I used to work in fast food for about the first two and a half years of high school. More specifically, I worked at Arby's. I totally used to mess with this manager I had {Dan} especially if it was just us plus this other girl {Taylor}. Good times. This made me laugh so hard when I found it!

"Do you take that camera everywhere?" "Yeah, I'm on yearbook." "I still have that picture in my binder. And on Facebook." - Christian

At the time, I never realized that I would always have a camera with me! As I'm looking back at these old journals, I remembered taking this awesome {yet totally grainy due to zoom} picture of Christian playing badminton during study hall one day. This made me smile. (:

"This is why you don't do sudoku in pen!" - Christian

Um, I used to be obsessed {and pretty good at} sudoku. Also, I write in pen 99% of the time. Can't help it! (;

"She's like a five-year-old on Christmas!" - Kyle

I was on the yearbook my junior and senior years of high school. My senior year I was the editor in chief! This is an extremely accurate quote to describe my excitement. In this case, it was probably over like a font or something.

"You look like baby Jesus." - Joey

My senior year of high school, I was one of the managers for the boys' swim team {this is probably a story for another day}. One morning, I was standing on deck in a sunbeam, and apparently had a glow around me?

"If you say sorry one more time, you owe me ten dollars." - Delaney

 I say sorry a lot. Like, a lot a lot. More like all the time! My high school classmates would get on my case about it as well, which would just cause me to apologize again.

"Teresa is my right arm." - my manager

It feels so good to know that I matter at work, and what I do matters! It's great to feel appreciated. I love my job!

xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...